FYA IS SEEKING NEW PARTNERS!
FYA is building a national movement of foster youth-led groups. New groups are joining all the time. How about you?
SO MANY REASONS FOR YOUR GROUP TO JOIN
- Participating in our “Leaders for Change” National Conference in Washington DC – at deeply subsidized rates
- Helping to shape a national foster youth-led policy agenda
- Having a youth rep of your group on the FYA Youth Leaders Council – the group driving our national agenda
- Increasing the visibility of your group on a national stage
- Getting a regular insiders newsletter just for partners
- Sharing your lessons and learning to peers around the US
- Using our growing library of tools, materials and curricula for FYA partners only
- Joining monthly webinars focusing on topics that are timely and important to youth leaders and staff
- Easy access to FYA staff for assistance & support
- Getting opportunities to participate in special projects and receive funds for new initiatives
- Subsidized rates for youth training and capacity building services
WHO CAN JOIN
To be a part of the FYA network, your group:
- Is comprised of members who are current and former foster youth;
- Works for policy and system change that improve the lives of foster youth in your state or region;
- Ensures that youth group members make the decisions about the issues and actions to work on;
- Has an adult supporter that helps youth leaders develop the skills & knowledge to lead; and
- Has buy-in from your host organization to join FYA.
JOINING IS SIMPLE
- We talk by phone, videoconference or face to face to get to know each other.
- Your group decides if you want to join FYA.
- We sign an agreement and you pay yearly fee of $250 – $500 sliding scale.
- FYA creates a special page on our website that includes info about you and sends an announcement out widely.
For more info, contact Matt Rosen, FYA’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.