Leaders for Change 2015
Foster Youth in Action (FYA) is thrilled to announce that our 2015 national youth advocates’ conference will be held in Washington D.C. in October! Current and former foster youth leaders will converge in the nation’s capitol for four days of learning, leading, advocacy, and fun!
Leaders for Change is the nation’s only foster youth conference bringing together state-based youth-led groups representing tens of thousands of their peers across the US. In 2015, we will welcome up to 100 youth leaders ages 15-24 from at least fifteen different states to:
- BUILD vital leadership skills
- FORGE new relationships with peers who share common interests & life experiences
- SWAP lessons about their recent state-level legislative & systems change campaigns
- CREATE a common agenda to improve outcomes for youth in care
- LEARN about federal policy and advocacy
- CONNECT with federal policy makers & other child welfare stakeholders on priority issues
WALKING OUR TALK
FYA’s Youth Leaders Council is planning the conference. Youth and young adult reps from each of our network partners are coming together to establish the conference vision, create the plan and prepare for their roles as on-site facilitators and peer trainers.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPONSORS
FYA is committed to providing equal access for youth leaders to attend this valuable conference. We are seeking supporters and sponsors from business, government, nonprofit, and philanthropic sectors to help defray travel and lodging expenses. Promotional opportunities and a special thank you reception at the conference are some of the benefits available for those providing volunteer, in-kind or financial support. For more information about sponsorship opportunities for Leaders for Change 2015, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matt Rosen at 415.694.7385.
YOUR SUPPORT ENSURES PARTICIPATION BY DIVERSE FOSTER YOUTH LEADERS
Foster Youth in Action is committed to ensuring that youth voices are heard. Support from our sponsoring partners ensures that a diverse, representative group of youth from across the US can attend. Because our groups represent THOUSANDS, if not TENS OF THOUSANDS of their peers in care, strong representation is so essential – we don’t want cost to be a barrier.
- Sponsorships — Download this flyer for more info on giving levels and associated sponsor benefits.
- In-kind Support – FYA welcomes graphic design services, printing, publicity, logistics, on-site photography or videography, graphic recording, local transportation services, food and beverages, and gift cards for youth participants. FYA will provide in-kind sponsor benefits at levels based on a fair valuation of sponsor services.
- Conference Allies Council – Comprised of volunteers who agree to join with FYA staff, Board and the Youth Leaders Council (who is planning the conference) to seek additional sponsors for and raise visibility about this conference. Members will convene briefly twice during the planning period in May and July to discuss progress. Members will get special recognition at the conference thank you reception as well as verbal and written acknowledgement in the conference program.