Click the orange states below to learn more about our current partners! (States in gray are pending)
FYA partners are youth-led advocacy groups from all over the United States. These partners are securely funded, stable, community-based organizations who recognize their own potential and are committed to increasing their effectiveness as advocates.
FYA program partners will:
- Embrace the values of true youth engagement and leadership
- Have current and former foster youth recently out of care as committed members of their advocacy group
- Have adequate local adult support
- Have appropriate administrative and financial support
- Demonstrate that they can support and sustain these advocacy programs long term
Benefits of Being an FYA Program Partner
- Customized services (training, coaching, and online resources) based on stated vision and goals
- Excellent trainers who all share a history in foster care
- A leadership/advocacy coach for support
- Access to online learning and resources
- Opportunity for foster youth in program partners around the United States to meet and learn from each other at the FYA annual Leaders for Change national conference
- Participation in a national evaluation project on positive youth development and well being
Want to join our network? Click here to get started!