FYA is building a national movement of foster youth-led groups. New groups are joining all the time. How about you?
- Connect with incredible youth and adult colleagues from all across the country
- Participate in our Leaders for Change National Conference in Washington D.C. at a reduced cost
- Get exclusive access to our growing library of tools, materials, and curricula
- Help shape a national foster youth-led policy agenda
- Offer your local youth leaders the chance to serve on Leaders United, the group driving FYA’s national agenda
- Increase the visibility of your group on a national stage
- Join monthly webinars focusing on topics that are timely and important to youth leaders and staff
To be a part of the FYA network, your group must:
- Be comprised of members who are current and former foster youth;
- Be working for policy and system change that improves the lives of foster youth in your state or region;
- Have youth members with the power to decide which issues & actions they work on;
- Have an adult supporter that helps members develop the skills & knowledge to lead; and
- Have buy-in from your host organization to join FYA.
HOW TO JOIN FYA IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS
- GET CONSENSUS. Reach out to us via our contact form to get the process started. We’ll confirm your eligibility and send you additional information to share with your youth group. Since adult supporters cannot make the decision alone, it’s critical that your youth leaders choose to join FYA as part of a unified decision.
- GET OFFICIAL. Sign a simple one-year agreement, pay the annual fee based on our sliding scale, and complete a brief questionnaire to customize your experience in our network.
- GET GOING! Via video-conferencing, FYA staff will provide a tailored orientation of our services, assess your current & future organizational needs, and answer your group’s questions. Then you can start using our member portal to download resources and start connecting with other groups!